Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Distant Dream


Have you ever dreamed of having something?
Ever thought of being somewhere?
Ever longed to be someone...

A dream/ a thought/ a longing so strong, that it starts to possess you. Day and night it defines you, governs you, and makes you strive for it. What follows is a strong conviction that you too can win.

I would consider myself fortunate,
if each step I take has a purpose associated with it;
if each moment lived has a feeling attached to it;
if each laugh of mine is the  result of ten cries,
and each cry has a vision for that last laugh.

And even if I discover that I cannot win today, let me try to move ahead knowing that I can lose.
Let me set sail today against the winds and let me drown the day it becomes calm,
because that day I would have no reason to move forward.

In the end, the mind weakens;
                memory fades;
              & money becomes useless.
All that remains is a glimpse of what you were. And that picture cannot be photo shopped. It has to be clicked right, the very first time. Just like a painting drawn on the canvas.

There were days when I doubted myself,
                when I truly believed I could not do something,
                                        could not be somewhere,
                                        could not become someone,
Those days were reality. Then one night, I started dreaming and got lost in the infinite ocean of possibilities, fighting against the tides.
Let’s all take a step today, to dream like there is nothing left to say,
And the day will come when we’ll open our eyes to a new reality which once was a distant dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment